Monday, October 31, 2011

I love.....

One of the things I enjoy is traveling. I don’t do it as much as I used to, but I always try to make time to head over to the Oregon coast and visit. I love watching the sun dancing on the surf and the smell of seawater in the air. And I always try to be someplace where I can watch the sun set. As the sun dips below the horizon, invariably it seems to turn colors like an incandesce ball.

Whether it’s sunny or raining, it’s always fun on the Oregon coast. There is the scenery. Yes! The food. Yummy! And of course, the atmosphere that is unlike where I live. The last time I visited, I made time to go to the Oregon Coast Aquarium and see the animals. It was a cool, rainy day, but it didn’t stop me from enjoying myself. One nice thing was that there were not a lot of people there, so I could peruse the grounds at leisure, without worrying about people crowding in. There were the usual assortments of sea life, such as sea lions, sea otters, octopus and many other creatures. At the Oregon Coast Aquarium you’ll also learn about the plant life and the history of the area. It was a fun time exploring the area, including the city of Newport, Oregon.

Of course, one of the things I cannot turn down is a chance to enjoy local food. Crab, oysters, and clams are just a few of the items on my plate. You won’t find a Red Lobster on the coast, because everything is better than a chain on the Oregon coast. If you can, be sure to find a restaurant with a view of the ocean. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve enjoyed a dinner with a drink and sat and watched the sun set!

I hoped you’ve enjoyed my little travelogue and pictures. If you can afford it, be sure to take a vacation, because there’s nothing more relaxing than having fun.

No comments: