Tuesday, July 14, 2009

RWA

This year, I'm missing the RWA (Romance Writers of America) national conference. Flying into DC would be a big trip for me and I decided I'd rather stay home and write. I thought I would share some of the fun things I remember from past conferences.


Photobucket



First off, it's meeting all those famous authors and realizing they are just like you and me. I still remember running into Nora and having her ask me (ME) how I was enjoying the conference.

Secondly, the conferences can be trying, and downtime is highly recommended. But people watching (and chatting) is fun to do. Just don't drink too much or an editor or agent will likely remember you in a not so nice way. Thankfully that has never happened to me.

An excursion during NYC in 2003 when we hit sex toy shops and Chinatown on the same night. Loads of fun and an eyeopener for 'lil me. I thought sex toys only could be found in catalogs. :)

Eating Chinese food in San Francisco last year. Yes, something simple but it was the first time I had ever eaten authentic SF Chinese food. One word... YUMMY!

I hope to go next year when RWA visits Nashville. I'm not a big country western fan, but the city excites me and I have been looking forward to 2010.

Has anyone else been to a conference?


Photobucket

No comments: